In career mode you can start directly in Formula 1, then you can choose one of these teams and drivers as a teammate:
Formula 1 2022 Teams and Drivers
- Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton, George Russel
- Red Bull: Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez
- Ferrari: Charles Leclerc, Carlos Sainz
- McLaren: Lando Norris, Daniel Ricciardo
- Alpine: Fernando Alonso, Esteban Ocon
- AlphaTauri: Pierre Gasly, Yuki Tsunoda
- Aston Martin: Sebastian Vettel, Lance Stroll
- Williams: Alex Albon, Nicholas Latifi
- Alfa Romeo: Valtteri Bottas, Guanyu Zhou
- Haas: Mick Schumacher, Kevin Magnussen
Career Start in Formula 2
In career mode in F1 2022 you can probably start again as an F1 candidate in the Formula 2 series. In the following season you will then start as a rookie in Formula 1. In Formula 2 you will meet the following teams and drivers from the 2021 F2 season:
Formula 2 2021 Teams and Drivers
- Prema Racing: Robert Schwartzman, Oscar Piastri
- UNI-Virtuosi: Guanyu Zhou, Felipe Drugovich
- Carlin: Daniel Ticktum, Jehan Daruvala
- Hitech Grand Prix: Liam Lawson, Jüri Vips
- ART Grand Prix: Theo Pourchaire, Christian Lundgaard
- MP Motorsport: Richard Verschoor, Lirim Zendeli
- Charouz Racing Systems: Enzo Fittipaldi, Guilherme Samaia
- DAMS: Roy Nissany, Marcus Armstrong
- Campos Racing: David Beckmann, Ralph Boschung
- HWA Racelab: Jack Aitken, Alessio Deledda
- Trident: Bent Viscaal, Marino Sato
Further, you can sign these F1 legends for your My Team Career:
- Michael Schumacher
- Ayrton Senna
- Jensen Button
- Felipe Massa
- Alain Prost
- David Coulthard
How do Drivers get Promoted to Formula 1?
How do you become a Formula 1 driver? To become an F1 driver, you first need the super license. First of all, it costs a lot of money:
Basically, the driver's license for Formula 1 (super license) costs €10,000 per season. For drivers who have already driven in F1 for one season, there is an additional cost of 2.000€ per World Championship point achieved (Source: Focus, 2013).
Based on these numbers, the super license for world champion Max Verstappen in 2022 will cost an impressive 801.000€, for Sebastian Vettel still 96.000€ and for George Russel "only" 42.000€. So you see it varies a lot.
Of course, these numbers are outdated. You can expect a much higher cost of the super license nowadays.
Super License Points
Just having a lot of money is not enough to get a cockpit in Formula 1. The super license also requires achieved points in your driving career.
In the last three years, a driver must have collected at least 40 points for his FIA super license in order to be able to apply for it. You can collect many points by finishing high in other racing series. Here I have selected some well-known racing series as examples:
|Racing Series||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th (...)|
|Le Mans Series||10||8||6||4||2|
For example, a driver with 1st place in the Le Mans Series (10 points), 4th place in Formula E (10 points) and 5th place in Formula 2 (20 points) can collect enough points to apply for his super license.
If you press this button it will load Disqus-Comments. More on Disqus Privacy: Link